I'm not sure what else to report for now. This can certainly be a roller coaster of an experience, but we have been comforted as needed, even when doubts come and go. Thanks again for all of the prayers and support. They do matter and they do sustain.
I have had some thoughts about what Brooklyn might do in the coming years. It was fun to look at her sister Nicole today, who recently turned 3, and think that in a few years it is possible Brooklyn too will be tromping around in a cute dress on a Sunday afternoon. She might like tennis or golf or enjoy riding her bike around. I hope she gets to do these things. "But if not" as the Old Testament scripture goes, we'll be satisfied with whatever the Lord ultimately has in store for her. I love these verses:
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to a deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not a serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
It's been interesting to once again encounter others whose children are here at PCMC. Each story is unique and sobering and the interesting thing is that when we hear of others' struggles, ours don't seem as daunting as they did before talking with others. Ironically, hearing Brooklyn's story may have a similar effect on those we encounter. I'm not sure why these discussions seem so healthy, but they do bring some measure of comfort as we see others handle difficulty with hope and acceptance and we are grateful for them.
Here's another picture of Brooklyn and a message Katelyn wrote for her little sister on the white board in Brooklyn's room:
Brooklyn, I love you soooooooo much and you are also soooooooo brave! I am soo lucky to be your sister!!! Love, Katelyn


Hi Chad, Jenny & family. The prayers and cheers never stop for Brooklyn. I got to talk to Scott Raab today. He knows about Brook lyn's blog now so they will be following her progress also. Chad, if you need more support please let us know. I am able to take time off work and can catch a flight to SLC. It would be a pleasure and blessing to come and help out. Let's keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteI love Katelyn's message!
ReplyDeleteOh what a wonderful BIG SISTER you are Katelyn! Brooklyn is so lucky to have such a loving & supportive family! - Lena
ReplyDelete