Also, here are some of my thoughts from a couple of days after we learned about Brooklyn's condition during the ultrasound when Jenny was pregnant:
August 22, 2013
Today has been less emotional. I’m trying to be honest in putting my
thoughts, feelings, and experiences down here and so I’ve been thinking about
things like cost after insurance coverage and things of that nature. I am grateful for insurance at this time and
that such vehicles have been established to make things like this more
manageable.
I had a neat experience hometeaching...tonight...and the 1st Presidency message this month was
just perfect...especially for me given the events of the last
two days. In particular, the following
from President Eyring was helpful:
“The Holy Ghost brings back memories of what God has taught
us. And one of the ways God teaches us is with His blessings; and so, if we
choose to exercise faith, the Holy Ghost will bring God’s kindnesses to our
remembrance.”
Importantly, Jenny was having trouble sleeping last
night. She asked for another Priesthood
blessing, which I was voice of. That was
a great experience to be a part of.
During the blessing, she was specifically told to count her blessings
when she was having trouble sleeping and that this would bring her closer to
her Heavenly Father and more peace. I
also remember her being told that some of her ancestors would comfort her
during difficult times and I particularly thought of her Grandma Hendrickson
whom I have read about. She was one who
had many trials as well and would certainly be one who could give comfort.
I also remember seeing at different times today, people with
physical challenges. One woman was in a
wheelchair. Another had difficulty walking but managed. I thought about how that could very well be
our daughter someday and it is nice to see that others are able to manage
despite challenges…I admire them more now than I did before.
I had a nice chat with Dad Young tonight. He said something interesting. Speaking about the miracle we’ll be praying
for (a little girl that is as healthy as possible), he said something to the
effect of “If that miracle doesn’t come, other miracles will come that will
compensate for that miracle not coming to pass.” That was very comforting to hear. I am so grateful for wonderful in-laws that I
admire and enjoy being around.
I should also note here that I felt strongly that we should
have another baby and Jenny received a similar confirmation. I’m not sure what God has had in store, but I
know better now that He is aware of us and wants to help us through
trials. I’ve believed before but am now
experiencing that he tailors our trials in such a way as to magnify the
likelihood that we turn to Him and rely on Him, more than we would in the
absence of these trials. I am grateful
to our little girl, therefore, who is going through so much to help her father
on earth turn to his Father in Heaven, even before she is born.
She even has me writing in my journal! J

Thanks for sharing these sacred thoughts, Chad. You lift my spirits and my vision time and time again. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words. We love you Brooklyn.
ReplyDelete