Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Mother's Love

While this blog has been dedicated to Brooklyn and her progress, I wanted to note today how much I appreciate Jenny, a truly faithful mother.  In many ways, Jenny has lived Brooklyn's trials and excitements each day, whether through long hospital stays, momentary smiles, or quiet moments of prayer.  I know Jenny has grown through Brooklyn's short life, and today as we've celebrated Jenny's birthday, I just wanted to note what a wonderful mother she has been to our sweet daughter, as well as to our other children.

While Jenny has received many thoughtful birthday notes and gifts this day, I thought a kind note attached to some beautiful flowers from our sweet neighbors was an appropriate tribute to Jenny.  The note stated:

Happy Birthday
To a lovely woman,
A beautiful mother,
And a great neighbor!

I'm so grateful for Jenny's companionship, friendship and love as we've traveled through our life's adventures together.  I can't imagine going through life without her and her sweet influence on my life.

2 comments:

  1. You are a "lucky" man, Chad! You two make a fabulous pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny is the ultimate mother! She is patient, selfless, kind, and loving.

    ReplyDelete