Often times when I talk to a colleague over the phone or run into someone I have not seen in a while, I get asked how Brooklyn is doing. Of late, no matter what else is in my response, I say something to the effect that she is happy or doing well. And she is. She rarely has a moment of sadness. And when she does, those moments don't tend to last long. If she is left alone for a few minutes while we get some things done, she is pretty content and quiet. But when we get back to her, she lights up and smiles. If there was a statistic for +/- in the amount of happiness/sadness one person brings to the earth (like the NBA uses when a player is on the floor and his team's score goes up or down), Brooky would have a large + statistic.
As for her medical updates, she did have a blood test done a couple of times to look at the levels of medication in her blood. Although they were a bit high, the doctors have encouraged us to keep her current (higher) dose in place so that we can (hopefully) avoid seizures as much as possible.
She has also begun to do a crawling exercise that is beyond incredible and cute. Here is a video we recently took:
Pretty stinkin' cute! Kinda reminded me of when I'm trying to convince myself to get out of bed in the morning. :)
ReplyDeleteGo, Brooklyn, go!!! That binky sure is motivating! Cute girl!
ReplyDelete