Brooklyn had her first seizure since she began her anti-seizure medication. Jenny had put her down to sleep as Brooklyn seemed tired. When she checked on her later she was seizing. Jenny handled it so well, despite some inconvenient circumstances. This was the first time that Jenny had to administer the medicine to stop a seizure and she did great. I think she was expecting the medicine to stop the seizure immediately, but we now know it takes 5-10 minutes to take effect. The seizure did eventually stop after this medicine was given.
Unfortunately, I was gone with our only available car to Collin's basketball game. As a result, Jenny had no car because our van is in the shop awaiting a transmission change. I had all of our other kids with me and Jenny was able to call a friend from our ward and borrow her car to drive Brooklyn to the hospital. After checking Brooklyn out, they had some blood drawn to check her levels of medication. This will help when we meet with the neurologist next week. The sweet woman from the NICU did a great job drawing the blood, which was much appreciated given that Brooklyn can be tough to draw blood from.
Our ER doctor spoke with the on-call neurologist at Primary Children's and was told that we should increase Brooklyn's current dose of medicine, which we'll begin in the morning. All in all, I guess the best we can do is be grateful for modern medicine and miracles.
Thanks again to all who have prayed so long for our sweet little girl. She began clapping in the past week and continues to be happy.
Oh, how I adore this little girl...and the rest of her family!!
ReplyDelete